What Are They?
The desiccant wheel is used in all of our equipment and is at the heart of every dehumidifier unit. The ‘engine’ if you like. This is the single most important component that allows the dehumidifier unit to remove the moisture to the levels required by the process it has been designed to serve.
How Do They Work?
Constructed from a finely fluted structure, the drying rotor provides an enormous surface area to the air flow through the unit. This structure is impregnated with a desiccant salt – usually silica gel – which absorbs the moisture from the air and delivers it onwards to the process or for further processing.
Our desiccant wheel represents the current state of the art in terms of specific moisture removal per kW of energy input to the machine, allowing for the most efficient moisture removal available to the industry. It is proven (in independent tests) to offer 8.5% more specific dehumidifying performance and 25% less in pressure drop through the structure.
- In our standard range of machines, drying rotors range in size from 220mm to 1940mm diameter, handling between 100 and 25,000m3/hr of air.
- For larger applications, desiccant wheels are available in diameters up to 4500mm, which are capable of handling over 100,000m3/hr of process air.
- Available in various depths, from 50mm to 400mm to meet all requirements. And careful design optimises the selection of material.
- Can be manufactured with a combination/variety of absorbents, including silica gel, to meet specific requirements. For example, low dew point drying for the production of lithium batteries, often require what are known as ‘combination’ desiccant rotors, where a molecular sieve may be required.
- All our desiccant rotors are manufactured to exacting standards and available in all sizes to suit any application, and for any manufacturer’s product ranges.
- The structure and construction of the rotor material has been rigorously tested in accordance with all relevant standards and found to be safe for use in any process and environment.
- The material is non-flammable, does not support the spread of flame and is non-toxic.
- It will not shed any particles under normal use
- Used across a wide range of application including the food and pharmaceutical industries, where cleanliness is paramount.