Sports Halls & Temporary Buildings – Dehumidification & Moisture Removal
By their very nature, a temporary building or structure has been erected to fill a specific requirement for a limited amount of time. For example, corporate & event tents, home showrooms, workshops, tents and car valeting.
The use of these types of buildings is also growing within the sport. Premiership football training grounds are seeing the benefits of being kept undercover. The Lawn Tennis Association has started allowing training to be carried out all year round in a safe environment. Temporary structures are opening up the way they are used in new and innovative ways. Within this ever-developing business, the demands are also improving and dehum are here to ensure it’s achieved.
Some of the problems that can arise within temporary structures include:
- Comfort levels being reduced due to excessive, heat, humidity and damp arising
- Condensation forming on playing surfaces creating a health and safety risk.
- In winter, ice can form on the internal structure and fabric.
- A risk to the equipment and actual structure of the temporary building due to condensation
- Health & Safety issues arising
- Costly Insurance issues
- The actual event having to be cancelled if the structure is at risk, leading to a loss in revenue.
Here at dehum, we have installed equipment in many temporary building structures to control moisture. We understand that while the buildings can be vast, space is still a premium and due to exposed duct, the aesthetics, as well as noise levels, are key parts of a quality design. Our role is to work with our clients to ensure all these key points are taken into account in the upfront design. This means the installed environment control system is an integrated part of the building and becomes part of the structure rather than looking like an afterthought.
dehum is here to provide the correct environment while making it an integrated part of the building.